Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Psalm 16 - New Living Translation - Beyond Suffering Bible

16 A miktam or psalm of David.
1 Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to you for refuge. 
2 I said to the LORD, "You are my Master! Every good thing I have comes from you."
3 The godly people in the land are my true heroes! I take pleasure in them!
4 Troubles multiply for those who chase after other gods. I will not take part in their sacrifices of blood or even speak the names of their gods. 
5 LORD, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine. 
6 The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance!
7 I will bless the LORD who guides me; even at night 🌃 my heart ♥ instructs me.
8 I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right 👉 beside me. 
9 No wonder my heart ♥ is glad, and I rejoice.* My body rests in safety.
10 For you will not leave my soul among the dead* or allow your holy one* to rot in the grave.
11 You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy 😂 of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever. *

16:9 Greek version reads and my tongue 😝 shouts his praises. Compare Acts 2:26.

16:10a Hebrew in Sheol.

16:10b Or your Holy One.

16:11 Greek version reads You have shown me the way of life, /and you will fill me with the joy 😂 of your presence. Compare Acts 2:28.

No comments:

Post a Comment